Community Services for Children’s vision for the Early Learning Resource Center is a single entry point for families, early learning providers, and communities to gain information and access services that support children and their families with the ultimate goal of improving quality, accessibility and affordability of early learning
Each of our regional Early Learning Resource Centers is a hub of information for all early learning-related
services that benefit a child’s development — health, education, social and behavioral. Early Learning Resource Center is designed to be customer-focused, efficient, integrated, and comprehensive. By fully
supporting parent’s choices, families will be offered a full array of comprehensive supports and programs.
2018-2019 Program Highlights
In its first year of operation…
• 2,859 families received 7,358 referrals to needed community resources.
• $5 million in grant funds awarded to 624 child care providers for quality improvements and staff retention
• 178 child care providers increased their STAR level, 48% of those moved to a STAR 3 or 4
• 68 programs received additional, individualized training and support as requested by the Office of Child
Development and Early Learning (OCDEL) Bureau of Certification
• $105.8 million in subsidies were paid to child care providers to support children of working families
• Over 20,000 children were served through the Child Care Works program